The scheme currently has 4 sections which offers to provide one to one support to a particular targeted group. Please see information below.
Children and Young People - 7 to 15 Years
- Children and Young People aged between 7 and 15 years
- Where external factors, (such as family home, peers or substance use), are having a detrimental and negative impact o their ability to reach their full potential
- Who have been invovled in anti-social behavioural issues
- Who have significant social and emotional issues and difficulties in forming and maintaining positive relationships/friendships with other adults and their peers
- Who lack consistent positive adult role models and who would benefit from regular contact with an adult befriender
Please contact Amanda Brown for this section of befriending.
Children and Young People with Additional Support Needs - 7 to 18 Years
** The Children and Young People with ASN Section will close as of 30th June 2023**
- Children and Young People aged between 7 and 18 years
- Who are either awaiting assessment or have a registered additional support need, learning difficulty and/or disability
- Who have difficulities in accessing local mainstream activities or attaining a sense of independence
- Who have experienced difficulities in forming and maintaining positive relationships with adults and peers
- Who would benefit from regular contact with an adult befriender
Please contact Laura Russell for this section of befriending.
Adults - 16+ Service
- Individuals aged 16+ years
- Who are currently living in their own home/tenancy*
- Who are having difficulty in being able to manage their own home and to live independently
- Who are lonely, significantly socially isolated and has very limited/no support or support networks around them
- Who would benefit from support to engage in their community in a purposeful capacity to increase their social connections and reduce their feelings of loneliness
* We presently only accept applications from individuals who are currently living in their own home/tenancy. This means that service users must have tenancy responsibilities, e.g. being a tenant of a property, having responsibilities of the property - paying rent/insurance/council tax/etc or owning their own property.
Please contact Ian Edwards for this section of befriending.
Adults - 60+ Years who are affected by Dementia
- Adults aged 60+ years who are affected by Dementia
- Who are currently living in their own home
- Who are significantly socially isolated
- Who have very limited/no support around them
- Who may be experiencing a period of significant loss or change in their lives
Please contact Ian Edwards for this section of befriending